Pfandbrief statistics pursuant to § 28 Pfandbrief Act
§ 28 of the Pfandbrief Act (PfandBG) requires that all Pfandbrief Banks publish details of the composition of their cover pools for Mortgage, Public, Ship and Aircraft Pfandbriefe. For a detailed description of the legal transparency requirements, please click here.
Aggregated data on all German Pfandbrief Banks
The vdp’s quarterly reports provide an overview of the composition of the cover pools maintained by German Pfandbrief Banks. Using the filter enables you to choose between the different issuers and respective publication dates. Aggregated reports comprising the transparency data of all vdp members are available, too. Due to rounding differences the figures displayed in these reports can deviate from those displayed on the web pages of the individual member institution.
Extended Transparency Reports
Starting with the 4th quarter extended transparency reports on a voluntary basis are published quarterly on the English vdp-webpage. The file “Extended vdp-Template incl. HTT” is available only for those banks that deliver the corresponding data.
Transparency reports of German Savings Banks
Based on a cooperation between vdp and the German Savings Banks Association (Deutschen Sparkassen- und Giroverbandes -DSGV) the DSGV-Pfandbrief-Office generates transparency reports for Savings Banks with outstanding Pfandbriefe in a uniform format.
According to the vdp- § 28 Transparency Initiative the transparency reports of the Savings Banks are available in four file-formats. For a detailed description of the legal transparency requirements, please click here.
Transparency of the cover pools pursuant to § 28 Pfandbrief Act
Specifically, the reports contain the following data:
· § 28 para. 1 Nos. 1-4: Pfandbrief volume outstanding and the corresponding cover pools
· § 28 para. 2 No. 1a): Cover loans for Mortgage Pfandbriefe by amount category
· § 28 para. 2 No. 1b): Cover loans for Mortgage Pfandbriefe by the state in which the real property collateral is located
· § 28 para. 2 No. 1c): Cover loans for Mortgage Pfandbriefe by property type financed
· § 28 para. 2 No. 2: Total amount of payments in arrears for mortgage loans serving as cover
· § 28 para. 3 No. 1: Cover loans for Public Pfandbriefe by amount category
· § 28 para. 3 No. 2: Cover loans for Public Pfandbriefe by borrower’s place of residence
· § 28 para. 3 No. 3: Total amount of payments in arrears for claims used to cover Public Pfandbriefe
· § 28 para. 4 No. 1: Cover loans for Ship and Aircraft Pfandbriefe by amount category and state in which the ships and aircrafts used as collateral are registered
The vdp and the banks which participate in the compilation of the Pfandbrief statistics according to para 28 Pfandbrief act as well of the extended transparency data (incl. HTT) in the context of the “vdp-Transparency Initiative” assume no guarantee, warranty or liability, regardless of the legal reason, with regard to the correctness, accuracy, topicality, completeness, appropriateness or the suitability for a certain purpose of any of the data according to para 28 Pfandbrief act as well of any extended transparency data )incl. HTT) published on the vdp’s internet pages. The vdp and the banks which participate in the vdp Transparency Initiative (see above) bear no responsibility for any actions or omissions whatsoever that may result from the use of or reference to the vdp-Transparency Initiative. The vdp and the banks which participate in the vdp Transparency Initiative (see above) preclude all liability for any damage or loss resulting from the use of or from reference to the average spreads. The vdp-Transparency initaitve are intended for informational purposes only. They do not constitute any recommendation to purchase or to sell, nor are they to be construed as an assurance that any developments or forecasts will be realized. The data which are published in the context of the vdp Transparency Initiative are not representing a benchmark according to the European Regulation (EU) 2016/1011 (EU-Benchmark-Regulation). To usage of the data for a purpose which would lead to a qualification as a benchmark is explicitly not permitted. The vdp reserves the right to modify, limit or discontinue the vdp Transparency Initiative at any time or to turn it into a service against reimbursement.